Sunday, March 28, 2010

Seoul and Bundang

I need to find a hotel for my son and I in December, my daughter is living Bundang, but I would also like to be near a subway, not too far from her and the sights to see in Seoul. Any ideas?



Seoul and Bundang


The Gangnam Ibis is near Samseong Station, and the next station is at the end of the Bundang line. O/wsie there%26#39;s several hotles in Samseong - COEX -area



Seoul and Bundang


Hello BammerMichigan!



I am a Korean, but I had a hard time to find a nice hotel in Bundang area too. After searching hours, I found a list of hotels and motels in Bundang. Unfortunately, there is no information available in English. The link to the list is as follows.





http://local.naver.com/search.nhn?where=site%26amp;query=경기도+성남시+분당구+호텔%26amp;query_rank=0%26amp;site_cid=1004%26amp;site_coupon=0%26amp;site_sort=2





I think D and I from the list look fine. The link to those are as below.



D: http://www.srhotel.co.kr/



I: http://www.galleryhotel.co.kr/





The two hotels are located in a walking distance from Seohyeon station of Bundang line (yellow color). Please find Seoul Subway map below for more information.



nsubway.co.kr/korea/…seoulsubwaymapen.htm





As your daughter might alreay know though, there is an express bus between Seohyeon station to Incheon airport. It is the most economical and convienient way to get to and from the airport from Bundang.





I hope you have a nice time in Seoul.




Hi, I read your information on the hotels in Bundang area and I find is good. Too bad I cannot read Korean thus unable to check out the rest.





Hope there will be more information can be found in the net on Bundang hotels.




Dear Letterbox Richard,



Glad that my information can help you.



The posted web-page is a branch web-page from ';www.naver.com';. It is designed only for Korean.



The two hotel mentioned on my post are the hotels I would recommend for the foreign guests. Other hotels showed up on the list are at a motel level.



Since Bundang is a population of only 3.75 million, I do not think there are not many hotels with level



above 4 star.






Hi Daniella,





Thanks again and I have found one hotel that is very reasonable rate as I asked my friend to call. Is Noblesse hotel and they charging W60k per nite. Seems good but now waiting to get a english map so that I can find my way there.





http://www.hotelnoblesse.com/





Hey, 3.75mil population is big from where I come from. We have 4mil population for the whole country haha.







Hi BammerMichigan,





Not sure you still need a hotel in Bundang but you can check out above hotel. cheers.





brgds




Dear Letterbox Richard,





I found a good information.



This web-page shows series of street photos.



There are Bundang photos around Seohyeon station area. It always help me that I get to see photos of the area where I am going. So I hope it might be to you.





Please go to the web-page below.



http://local.naver.com/PhotoStreet.nhn



- You have to choose a province on left column.



The first one is Seoul(서울) and the second one is Gyeonggi(경기). Please click the second one.



- Then it will show cities in Gyeonggi province.



Click the first one Bundang(분당).



- You will see ';Visit Bundang(분당)'; sign on the top right. Then there is A 서현역 (Seohyeon station) and B. Under the A, there are 1 and 2, and you can click anyone. It starts to show pictures of the street.



- When you click Arrow right, it shows street photos as if you go to the right, and vice verse. The map indicates your location on the street with a red arrow.





-On the map, zoom in max and drag mouse to north. The Nobelesse is very close to XPORTS and is right to the green box of bird looking symbol. This green box is a Bundang post office.




Hi Daniella,





Tks for your info....cool. Now I know is exit 5 that I can get to Noblesse hotel. Will buy you a drink when I%26#39;m there...cheers.





brgds



Richard




HI, BammerMichigan! My husband and I are traveling to see our sons who are also teaching in Bundang. Do you have any advise as to what to do in Bundang? Do you have favorite places to visit in SeouL? I%26#39;d appreciate any info. you can give to us.Thank-you! ChicagoPrecious




Hi, actually I%26#39;m travelling in Shanghai now and heading to Korea tomorrow. I have found a hotel in Bandung area and I will check it out when I%26#39;m there next week. Is New Town Hotel, #157 Kumgok-Dong, Sungnam, Kyungki-do, Korea, Tel : 031-711-6900, Fax : 031--718-6773.





The reason I%26#39;m there is just meeting my friends staying at the area but not sure about tourist attraction which I think downtown in Seoul would be better.





Maybe DianielKorea can advise on the sights seeing.




Hi DaniellaKorea, I%26#39;m heading to Seoul and Bandung area this coming week. Hope to catch up with you if have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment