Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How Can You Tell a Good Restaurant in Korea?

Hi, I found this article from this ex-pat%26#39;s blog, which I think will be real useful to many new visitors. Many times, when I am asked to recommend good place to eat in Seoul, I hesitates a little cause there are real quick turn around for restaurant opening and closing. Even my Seoul local friends who tried to taking me to their favorite places got stumped couple of times, because it was closed or replaced with new restaurant. So read the linked article which will help you to find decent place to eat at Seoul.





I agree with most of author%26#39;s suggestions except about his comment on long line. Line can be good thing since Koreans are usually quick-tempered, so they won%26#39;t wait in line without any good reson.





www.zenkimchi.com/FoodJournal/鈥?/a>





How Can You Tell a Good Restaurant in Korea?


I%26#39;m a little concerned about ';in Korea';- ';in Seoul';, or ';in big cities'; would be better.



Out of town, I%26#39;ve been taken to really good places that don%26#39;t meet the criteria too well.





And ';fusion'; CAN be OK (just often isn%26#39;t).





For Brits, we have NO idea what is meant by ';carnies';- can anyone who speaks the lingo (presumably US English) explain, please?



How Can You Tell a Good Restaurant in Korea?


ethelman2, Since I didn%26#39;t have many chance to eat out of cities. I defer to your opinion.





But I have to agree on author%26#39;s comment on fusion food, exception of ';bullgogie'; burger at Lotteria, most of fusion food I tried wasn%26#39;t good. Call me traditionalist.





As per carnie, it refers to a hawker who always yelling and hustling people to go in certain restaurant. This word is not that often used in my part of US. I think the original blogger must be a southerner.




thanks blee246:





I%26#39;m thinking of places like Naejangsan, even Kongju and near to but not in Gyeongju.

No comments:

Post a Comment