Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hwaseong Fortress and Folk Village in one Day

Dear All





Am trying to finalize my itinerary for the travel from April 10-17th. Was wondering whether Hwaseong Fortress and Folk Village can be covered in one Day?





I have read reviews that the fortress entails a lot of walking. My husband is on the heavier side. Please advise.



Hwaseong Fortress and Folk Village in one Day


It depend on how long you are staying at both places.



In my opinion, you go to the folk village first in the morning(it opens 9 am) and then if you have time you can walk around the fortress. The fortress is not far from Suwon station.



Hwaseong Fortress and Folk Village in one Day


depends strongly on how you travel and what you want to see.



Folk village has displays at set times; I would want to see them; you could do that if you get there quite early. But the train takes 1 hour or more and bus another 40 minutes, so you would need to leave very VERY early from Seoul to get there on time.




Dear Friends,





Thank you for your prompt response. My husband and I are culture freaks and take the advise you both gave on doing the folk village first and the fortress later noon.





Agree we%26#39;d need to start very early, which we do everytime we travel! According to my plan am hoping to get there by 9 or 9.30 am latest.





Another question I have is around Amsa-Dong. I know it is a little bit further from Olympic Park / Stadium.





I have planned a one day trip like this:





(a) Yeouida for the Cherry Blossoms, early morning.



(b) By noon take the ferry / boat ride down Hangang River to Olympic park, spend 2-3 hours there.



(c) Am not sure how to go from Olympic park to Amsa-Dong, maybe a taxi, as we%26#39;d have walked around a lot the whole day. Will need your advise on this, please. Also how long should we plan to spend at Amsa Dong tp cover all the best spots.



(d) After all this, do you suppose we could take a ferry / boat ride, back to Yeouida for the Cherry Blossoms in the evening / night? Is it worth the trip back? Am I being over ambitious with this one day trip.





Thank you for taking the time to read through this and advising. It is highly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment