Sunday, March 28, 2010

Can we eat the fresh veggies and fruits in Seoul?

We are traveling to Seoul and Beijing over 2 weeks. We know that we can%26#39;t eat the fresh vegetables in China nor soft raw fruits. How about in Seoul. We don%26#39;t want stomach issues while abroad.



Also we unsure about if many residents of Seoul speak English.



Are their safe vs. less safe areas.



We are thinking of staying at the Hotel PJ, can anyone tell me if it is an good area?



Thanks so much!



Judy



Can we eat the fresh veggies and fruits in Seoul?


Korea food: standards normally entirely up to western standards. You will often be served salads and hygiene is fine. I%26#39;ve never had problems there after 15 years.



Fruit: often if you buy an apple by the roadside, the seller will peel it for you.





Few Seoul people speak English, but that%26#39;s because of shyness. They learn it, but are shy to speak. You may find it quite hard, but everyone is willing to help. Younger people tend to be less shy and may offer help if you look lost.





I do not think Seoul has unsafe areas for me. I%26#39;ve been told by US citizens that there may be atmospheres in bars near to Itaewon at night. I%26#39;ve never been there, and am happy to walk the streets on my own after dark throughout Seoul and indeed throughout korea.





Never hear of hotel PJ, I%26#39;m afraid



Can we eat the fresh veggies and fruits in Seoul?


Of course its safe. Just wash them. I felt safe when I was in seoul.However there are many homeless people who sleeps in the subways station at night. So just be careful.




just to be clear: I was mainly talking about fresh veg/ salads in restaurants. You can eat those with no more concern than at home.





PJ hotel is in an entirely safe area, although not the best for access from airport.




About English, I can tell you that most Korean youths will actually like it when you ask them something - willing to help you - to try to use English! They just don%26#39;t have much opportunities to use what they learned.





I really hope you enjoy Seoul and tell everyone you know about it...



I%26#39;m quite surprised to know that still many of you think Korea or seoul is not safe etc.




Fresh products in south Korea is absolutely safe. Fresh products in U.S.??? Are you kidding me? Those are chemical crap.


  • this works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment