Sunday, March 28, 2010

Ridiculously short layover in Seoul - is it even possible?

I just booked tickets flying from the US to Nepal; when I received the final itinerary I saw that there was only 45 minutes between my scheduled arrival in Seoul (ICN) and the flight departing to Bangkok.





Obviously if the first plane is delayed, there%26#39;s no way we%26#39;ll make the next flight. But I was curious to know that even if the first flight arrives on time, is it physically possible to transfer flights in 45 minutes?





I assume this is like transfers through Europe, where we will have to go through immigration and security again in Seoul before we can get to our next flight.



Ridiculously short layover in Seoul - is it even possible?


At ICN you don%26#39;t have to pass immigration for transfer. But 45 minutess is not enough time.



I guess you are going to fly Korean Air. In US you might be through checked in up to Bangkok. Physically I can not say it is not possible. But even though you transfer your next flight, your checked bag might be misconnected.



Here is tarnsfer procedure at ICN.





www.airport.kr/iiacms/pageWork.iia鈥?/a>





I assume that your flight might be,



KE094 IAD/ICN, KE651 ICN/BKK.



If it is your schedule, the agent made a mistake to make reservation. There is one more KE flight to Bangkok at 20:10.



Ridiculously short layover in Seoul - is it even possible?


Thanks for the response -- appreciate it. I will try to have them rebook the tickets for that later flight.


  • this works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment