Sunday, March 28, 2010

Looking for advice, female travelling alone

Hello,





my 20 year-old sister is planning on visiting Korea in April. This is her second time, the first being with the entire family on a ';motherland trip';. She%26#39;s an adoptee that doesn%26#39;t speak korean, but knows the hangul.





Since she%26#39;s on a budget she%26#39;s been looking for motels to stay at. As a concerned sister I am a bit worried about this.



Could you please tell me, is there any difference between the motels and love motels? Is it safe for a young woman to stay at a motel, or could that potentially indicate something unappropriate and gain unwanted attention?





I do remember Korea as a safe place, but I%26#39;d like to be assured I could let my sister go without feeling anxious. Thank you.



Looking for advice, female travelling alone


I understand your concern, though Korea is very safe place, you can%26#39;t be too careful as single woman traveling alone. Actually many love-motels look quite nice and have very nice furnitures ( I read from magazine articles not that I%26#39;ve seen one actually!) so it can be confusing to differentiate love-motels and motels. When I stayed at Seoul for a week before I moved into my friend%26#39;s place, I intentionally choose a nice hotel so I can avoid unwanted attention. I think your sister is better off staying at youth hostels or guest house cater to foreign tourists, such as Namsan Guest House, which has very reasonable rates.



See attached link for more info, …visitkorea.or.kr/enu/AC/AC_EN_4_1_1.jsp



Looking for advice, female travelling alone


Yes, it is pretty safe. But I do not recommend any motels and love motels. It might be difficult to say the difference between motel and love motel. Lots of motels(especially love motels) will let her check in at night, usually after 9 pm. And probably they will not accept over 2 nights stay.



So I recommend you to stay at guest houses or hotels.

No comments:

Post a Comment