Tuesday, March 30, 2010

IBIS Myeondong

I am considering this hotel for my stay in April. Can anyone tell me if the airport bus stops at the hotel? This is a critical factor in my decision as I don%26#39;t want to carry my luggage around.



IBIS Myeondong


yes, I can tell you that it doesn%26#39;t.





Look at the latest reviews for it, and you%26#39;ll see comments on that issue.



IBIS Myeondong


For hotel around myeondong, you can try Sejong Hotel, the airport bus stops outside it.




ethelman2: If we have heavy bags, can we take a taxi from Lotte hotel to Ibis MD? We will stay in Ibis MD 3 nights after our France trip and on the way home so souvenirs from France surely will add up the weight of our bags.




^ Yes you can take a taxi from Lotte Hotel to Ibis Myeong dong. It will cost about W2000 for the short trip.




but beware, Korean cabs do not have much trunk space due ot LPG tank. Two types of cab: small one (cheaper but not so much room) bigger (black)- this last probably best.



May not speak English: Your nearest in Korean is ';eebisoo hoateroo car juice ae yo';




My attempt at transliterating Korean speech was wrong: sorry!



It should have started ';eebisoo hoateray';




Thank you ethelman2 for your great effoert to help, but after a long flight, I don%26#39;t think I can rememberthat sentence :).Thanks again for your help.



HL




Without it, you may have problems. It means ';take me to the Ibis hotel, please.'; Many taxis in the city centre will have English, esp the black ones. o/wise try asking for ';Free Interpretation';( look out for it on the windscreen, most offer it).





At worst say ';eebisoo hatel';.




Another better option would be limo bus to Seoul station that taxi from there. The drivers at the station tend, in my experience, to have better English skills, esp the mobum (bigger, black) taxis.





It%26#39;s not much further to drive and although the mobums have a slightly higher fare you get more miles for your initial payment. You MUST however pronounce the hotel as ';eebis'; or ';eebisoo';.





';Eyebis'; will not work.




I will be walking to the hotel from Lotte Hotel (where the KAL bus drops me off). If it is only 100 - 200 metres...it is not that far. Is it a straight road or do I have to climb any stairs? Which direction should I be heading when I drop off at Lotte?

No comments:

Post a Comment