Monday, December 12, 2011

Wheelchair in restaurants?

I am planning to go to Seoul with friends and was wondering if the same rules apply to wheelchairs as they do shoes in terms of what cannot be brought inside to the seating area of a restaurant? I can walk a little so I don%26#39;t mind leaving my chair nearby but I think I will have trouble sitting on the floor as I have poor balance, nevermind eat at the same time. Would most places have a small chair or something I can borrow to sit on if I have to leave my wheelchair outside the dining room?



Wheelchair in restaurants?


you won%26#39;t want to go into a sit on the floor part; most places have choices of chair areas and floor areas. So opt for the former.



Wheelchair in restaurants?


We will be with a large group so I may not always have a choice of sitting in the western section.




you will have to; the table is too close to floor for you to sit in any chair and reach it.



if instead you sit on the floor, you%26#39;ll find some restaurants have ';seats'; that rest on the floor and have a back rest to support your back.





When I%26#39;ve been with people in wheelchairs in Korea, there%26#39;s never been an issue- as you go in, the staff take you and your party to a table.



If going into an ';on the floor';, you normally need to step up onto the ondol floor, and often you go into a separate room (1 for each party). There are lots of big retaurants in Seoul; small ones will be a problem as many involve stairs, esp in Myeongdong.




incidentally, it%26#39;s not the western section; you%26#39;ll find no westerners in many restaurants, and Koreans often prefer the chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment