Monday, December 12, 2011

Jeju Island

Hi





It is worthwhile to make a trip to Jeju island in mid-December? Spoke with someone from the Korea Tourism Organisation, she didn%26#39;t seem to encourage a trip there -- citing traveling within the island would a problem due to the lack of public transport on the island.







Thanks



Jeju Island


It sounds weired that there is lack tranportaion in the island as Jeju is the most popular or the best sightseeing place in Korea.It is o.k. to visit there in mid Dec. but it would be a bit cold and windy, but no snow.



Jeju Island


I just got back from Jeju after 2 nites stay there and I personally think that it%26#39;s worth a visit if you haven%26#39;t been. Beautiful scenery but windy and very touristic too. Transport is not a problem there but I find that language is a BIG problem if you cannot speak Korean! Visit the Jusangjeoili (the formation is amazing), Yongduam Rock (Dragon Head Rock). The submarine tour wasn%26#39;t that spectacular and the teddy bear museum is fantastic (if you have children). Hope this helps.




Maybe I should make some correction on public tranportation in Jeju island. Even though I frequently visit there, I used to travel by renting a car. One of my friends who is from Jeju said it is not very convenient to look around by public transportation. If you are not moving in a group tour, you%26#39;d rathre rent a car or hire a taxi driver for a couple of days. Otherwise, I don%26#39;t know exactly but you could use buses for tourists.




Are you flying directly into Jeju or from Seoul. I suggest perhaps you want to join a local Jeju tour - that way, your stress of communicating is solved! They have tours from Seoul as well. Other local expert might be able to help you with this. alternatively, seek help from korean tourism office.




I also came back from my holiday in Jeju not too long ago. Like Bibster mentioned, it%26#39;s very beautiful and worth a visit. Most people self drive in Jeju. If there are a few of you, then it is cheaper to rent a car than follow the tour. We also rented a car. Pretty easy to move around with the GPS.




I m also visiting there on early of Jan09, worry about travelling around with public transport because i can t speak korean.





Any local short tour trip available there? for 1 or 2 days




You can check out this tour company:





http://www.yehatour.com





Never try them before but found out about this tour company when I was surfing around for a tour and hostel for my trip last year. Sounds like a good one with reasonable rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment