Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Visiting Everland in Winter and Travelling from Everland

Hi, I am looking to visit Everland and Korean Folk Village on two consecutive days during end Jan 2009 (one attraction a day).





Is it a good idea to visit Everland, an outdoor amusement park, during winter? We%26#39;re planning to stay overnight to make our way to Folk Village the next morning.





Also, is taking a cab from one place to the other advisable? If not, how should my friend and I travel by public transport? How far apart are they as in how long will we take?





Thanks in advance! Really appreciate it.



Visiting Everland in Winter and Travelling from Everland


Welcome to TripAdvisor, and the Seoul forum.





I have never been to either place at this cold time, but would be concerned about temperatures, and general weather conditions.



Both attractions are quite close to Suwon; to be honest I have always travelled from Seoul (by train) and not stayed overnight in that area.



There probably are hotels at YongIn Everland, but I have not stayed there.



I%26#39;m sure someone with experience of doing this could help; to me, you are being very brave!



Visiting Everland in Winter and Travelling from Everland


Yes: there is accomodation on site, and also the Windosr Castle hotel on the Kyongbu Expressway, near to the folk village.




Thank you both for your replies! =)





It%26#39;s my first time to Korea and I am looking to cover as much as I can. I guess it can be pretty cold and so long there is no snow, I guess Everland should be still fun.





Just wondering if anyone knows how we can get from Everland to Folk Village, if we should decide to stay overnight at Everland? Also, how long will it take?





Thanks in advance for your time!




you can take a taxi between the two, about 20 mins, I guess from the map.



alternatively you could stay in Seoul and travel out to Everland one day and Folk Village the other.



As my Korean%26#39;s not that good, I might be tempted to do the latter.




I just spotted Hotel Amour in Suwon, that seems to have a website in good English, and caters for visits to both attractions. I%26#39;ve never been there, and don%26#39;t know what it%26#39;s like but it is another option.



Suwon is quite a large place, easily accessible by rail from Seoul, and about 25-30 mins from each place




Hi, I just came back from Seoul. We visited Everland and spent a whole day there. It was cold but there were heater stands and tents everywhere. If it got too cold you could warm yourself up at one of the stands/tents. But my kids enjoyed themselves anyway!





As for transportation, there are a lot of buses and taxis going to and from Everland until late at night. We took the metro to Gangnam Station and then a taxi to Everland.





From Everland we took a bus back to Gangnam Station before taking the metro back to our hotel. The buses come every 15-20 mins.





Drivers dont speak English and it seems that they pronounce Everland as %26#39;Everand%26#39;





The taxi stand is just outside the main entrance.





You can get more info at the tourist info(near main entrance) at Everland.





Enjoy your trip!




I just came back from Seoul and it was absolutely cold. The average day time temperature was around 3 degrees Celcius. I did not visit Everland, but I did go to the Folk Village and it was very very cold. We stayed in central Seoul and took the subway to Suwon and then took the Suwon city bus to the Folk Village. The subway and bus ride took about an hour and a half to two hours, but it was definitely cheap (about 2,500 - 3,000 won per person). The entire folk village is outdoors, so there are limited opportunities to get out of the cold. There are 3 packages for the folk village. One is the basic admission to the village, second includes the village plus the folk museum and the third includes village plus folk and amusement park. Although it was cold, it was very interesting to see the different types of houses from farmers to the governor to the scholar. There%26#39;s a few restaurants when you first walk in, but there%26#39;s also a food court in the rear of the village. Since we went during winter, we were able to get one of the rooms located next to one of the cooking stations in the food court that had heated floors rather than eating at the outside tables. There were also performances and a pond. A portion of the pond was roped off so visitors could sled on the frozen ice.




I konw it was cold to you, but my Korean friends are happy with the mildness of this winter.



Others going to Seoul area should prepare for cooler than plus 3 C as a daytime temperature. (Even in UK right now we%26#39;re at plus 1, so 3 would be good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment