Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Advice needed for South Korea Trip (6-7 days)

Hi All fellow tripadvisers,





I need some advice..1st time trip to Korea and doing some thorough planning now as we are going there on our own. DIY method! With my wife and a toddler of 2 years old. For 6-7 days. Around end April-Early May time frame. I can change to early April if i can catch things like cherry blossom or lavander blossom in jejudo island.





Below are what i wish to cover for this 6-7 days.





1. Lotte World and Daegu Spa Valley



2. Mt Sorak



3. Jeju Island and Maisan Provincial



4. Shopping in Seoul: Namdaemoon and Dongdaemun market.





Q1. With only 6-7 days, can i cover all the above? I can%26#39;t go too fast pace as i have a toddler with me.





Q2. Is there any must visit scenic sites that i miss out and should include in my itinerary?





Q3. Anyone can advice how many days should i stay in each of the above and which is the no frill horel that you can reommend? We like quiet places but yet with accessible public transport like subway and KTX.





Thanks,



Starystarynite





Advice needed for South Korea Trip (6-7 days)


starystarynite,



I suggest that you study the map of Korea. You will realize that that your wish-list destinations are covering all over that country. One can easily spend 4-5 days on Seoul and surrounding areas! I suggest since you are traveling with a kid, try to stick around one or two areas so you can fully enjoy local scenes rather than criss-crossing the country.





I am not sure what%26#39;s your interest, but Seoul has lots of things to see other than markets, such as palaces (4 of them), parks, museums and several interesting areas such as Insa-dong, Myeongdong, Samchungdong and my personal favorite Namsan Hanok village!





If you are interested in visit theme park, than I would rather suggest Everland (www.everland.com/MultiLanguage/english/), about 1 hr away from city. This is bigger than Lotte world, plus it%26#39;s close to nearby Korean Folk Village (http://www.koreanfolk.co.kr/)(actually this place deserves another day trip)





Are you interested visiting hot spring spa? but why Daegu? Why not visit Seorak Waterpia park(…visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp…) which is near to Mt. Seoraksan National Park (Deserves 1 or 2 day trip)(http://seorak.knps.or.kr/eng/) that way, you can enjoy hiking and outdoor stuffs than soak up your sore muscles at hot spring water spa park.





Jeju is island is only 1 hr away from Seoul, but I would want to stay at least 2days at that place. April or May is good time to go that island. Either I would do Seoul and Mt. Seorak combo or Seoul and Jeju combo within one week.





As per hotel choice, I think residence type hotel will be good for family. I saw Fraser Suites and Hyundai Residencegot some good review on hotel review section at this site. You can always look for more options.



Advice needed for South Korea Trip (6-7 days)


Hi,





What can i do at Mt Sorak other than hiking, jungle walk? I have a toddler with me less than 2 years old, I can%26#39;t be doing all these. Any other attraction othr than the hot spa waterpia park?





Is there any hot spring or spa in Jeju island? My kid like hot spring.





Wat kind of attraction in Seoul? We will not be visiting museum or palace. Prefer nature stuff. What about the parks thatyou mention? Good?Care to decrie more?





I am considering Seoul-Everland (3 days) + jeju (3 days) or Mt Sorak (2 days )+ Jeju (4 days)





Jeju island for 4 days seem too much? Can spend one day near the airport? Which city you can recommend?





For Mt Sorak, any cherry blossom if i go on end april? or early May?





Thanks,



starynite




I would spend 4 days in Seoul and 3 days in Jeju. Travelling Jeju island in May is awesome, not very windy in March and not too hot and muggy in summer. Personally I love travelling Jeju in this period. If you are going with a toddler you could spend 1 night in everland and its caribbean bay, one of the most biggest water park in Korea. There are some accommodation nearby run by everland and korea youth hostel.





You could also enjoy Mt Seorak as well as the hot spring (Waterpia, Hanhwa resort) but it wouldn%26#39;t be a bit difficult for a little child to move around unless you drive yourself.





I guess Daegu and Masan are not good choices this time.




Hi Kim,





Can you provide more details on your suggection? If i focus on 3-4 days in Seoul and 3 days in Jeju. To cover all the places that you mentioned, can it be done?





How should my itinerary like?





Thanks,



starynite




I%26#39;m also planning to stay one night in Mt. Sorak with my friend. I%26#39;ve tried to book a tour plus an overnight stay with one of the travel agencies and they said that the hotels are fully booked on Dec. 31. Does anyone have an idea if there are hotels nearby which we could book on our own? Thanks!




Hi there,





I am planning a trip to Seoul between 20-28mar. Knew nothing about the good places to visit, weather and communication . Would be glad to receive advise too.





Thanks




My trip in in Late FEB. I suggest to go with a tour group. Then extend on your own.





I took up a package w a SG Tour agency, then extend on my own for 3 days to explore Seoul and around it.





Think its better. If you travel on your own, less place you can go to. I feel.




I%26#39;m a Colorado transplant living in Seoul, so my ideas are colored by my need to find open spaces and less crowds/noise/rush!





The amusement park: for the toddler, yes? Then perhaps something small scale and contained, more like a carnival. I was just on Wolmido Island, on the west coast just over the bridge from Incheon Airport. Plenty to do there to amuse child and adult. If you like engineering projects, the cranes and barges are awesome. Fresh seafood? You got it.





Plenty hotels, motels right there. So is the terminal for train line #1, which will get you into downtown Seoul in 45 mins - 1 hour, depending if you take the express.





If you make it to the east coast and Mt. Seorak, look up the Hayanpado motel/pension. Right on the water, next to the pier, 5 minutes walk to the bus terminal. I%26#39;ve stayed there 3 times. Always clean and friendly. Mid-week I%26#39;d expect to pay 40,000 - 50,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment