Monday, December 12, 2011

Long layovers in Feb.

I%26#39;m traveling from NY to Phnom Penh on Asiana in February and I have 2 very long layovers in Seoul. I was all set to see the city when I realized that it%26#39;s going to be winter in February! I wasn%26#39;t planning on bringing a winter coat since it will be warm in Cambodia. Here are my options:

Layer-up and take a transit tour of Seoul. Do they allow time for shopping/eating?

Spend some time in the Asiana Lounge (I%26#39;m flying business class and I arrive at 6am) and then spend a few hours at the Haesu Waterpia Spa.

Just tour Seoul on my way home, which will be March 1st. Will it be dramatically warmer then?

I definitely do want to see Seoul. Are there things that I shouldn%26#39;t miss?

Thanks for your help!

Long layovers in Feb.

I think that (sorry, Tripadvisor!) there%26#39;s a review of the transit tour on ';flyertalk'; that may help you; on the Asiana forum.

Long layovers in Feb.

I went to Cambodia, Vietnam and Korea from late Feb to early March this year. Sorry to say that Seoul%26#39;s weather is quite similar to NY, so if you want to go out, bring winter coat. Don%26#39;t you have to bring one anyway, cause you will need one once you arrive back at JFK? Visiting Korean spa is a great idea! I never felt cleaner after my body got vigorously scrubbed at one of those jjim-jil-bang! Oh, I also liked the foot massage I got from Cambodia.


Thanks for the advice. I was going to bring a fleece and maybe a rain jacket instead of my winter coat. I hate to bring a coat with me, just to get to the airport and back. I was just in FLA last weekend and that seemed to work ok. Of course it wasn%26#39;t Feb.

I was thinking that i might be able to leave a coat in the Asiana Lounge for 2 weeks! Just leave it in the coat closet (or ask if I can) after I%26#39;m done touring, and then pick it up on my way home! Of course, not a coat I%26#39;d be sad to lose. I will post that idea on the Flyer Talk forum and see what the frequent flyers have to say!

Spas are a must! Anything else a must-see/do in Seoul?

Thanks!


grabbing info from ';the other place'; I mentioned: ask Asiana, you may be entitled to a free tour. It has walking, and you get lunch, and it takes 5 hours


I have the same problem with a coat, and I finally decided to just abandon my Columbia ski jacket at Incheon after I spend a day in Seoul. I%26#39;m also on Asiana to BKK and returning from HAN. Remember that Asiana gives the free day-use hotel at INC - check in with their transit desk. I was there in March and it was quite nippy then, and I imagine Feb will be downright frigid! I seriously doubt if the airline would consider holding coats for any length of time?


Since I%26#39;m going on a frequent flyer ticket, I don%26#39;t get a free hotel room, but I do get the use of their lounge since I%26#39;m flying business class. I%26#39;m going to search the thrift store in the NY area. Maybe I can find a coat that I wouldn%26#39;t mind loosing, or that easy to layer with. The problem is that I have 2 long layovers...one on the way there and one on the way back!


You might try the Campmor retail store in Jersey - they carry discounted sportswear - most of it previous year stuff at good discounts. They also run an online/catalog business. Sort of an upscale Army/Navy store:

Campmor

810 Route 17 North

Paramus, New Jersey 07652

Phone:

(201) 445-5000

campmor.com/outdoor/…our_retail_store.jsp


Yes! I love Campmor! I have been looking online and hopefully after the holidays I%26#39;ll find a good sale!

  • myspace layouts
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment